Inauguration of OJK Board Commissioners Period of 2017-2022
13 November 2017
Supreme Court Chief Justice H. Muhammad Hatta Ali swore in and inaugurated Chairman and Members of the Board of Commissioners of the Financial Services Authority (OJK) for the period of 2017 – 2022 at the Supreme Court office in Jakarta, on Thursday (Jul. 20), in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 87/P.2017 concerning the Discharge and Appointment of Members of OJK's Board of Commissioners.
Wimboh Santoso was inaugurated as Chairman of OJK's Board of Commissioners, while Nurhaida, Tirta Segara, Riswinandi, Heru Kristiyana, Hoesen, and Ahmad Hidayat were installed as Members of OJK's Board of Commissioners.
Following the inauguration, the seven members of OJK's Board of Commissioners will perform their duties as mandated by Law No. 21 of 2011 on the OJK, together with the Board's ex-officio member from Bank Indonesia, Mirza Adityaswara, and his peer from the Ministry of Finance, Mardiasmo.
Later, assignment of positions for each member—other than the Chairman—would be determined in the meeting of OJK's Board of Commissioners to be held this Thursday evening. In compliance with Article 10 of the Law on OJK, the Board of Commissioners of the OJK consisted of:
- A Chairman concurrently member;
- A Deputy Chairman as the Chairman of Ethics Committee concurrently member;
- An Executive Chairman of Banking Supervisor concurrently member;
- An Executive Chairman of Capital Market Supervisor concurrently member;
- An Executive Chairman of Supervisor of Insurance, Pension Funds, Financing Companies, and other Financial Services Companies, concurrently member;
- A Chairman of Audit Board concurrently member;
- A member who is in charge of consumer education and protection division;
- An ex-officio member from Bank Indonesia who serves in the Board of Governors of Bank Indonesia; and
- An ex-officio member from the Ministry of Finance who is a first-echelon official of the Ministry.
The inauguration and administration of oaths of OJK Chairman and Commissioners were attended by top brass from ministries and government agencies, financial services industry players and members of OJK's 2012 – 2017 Board of Commissioners.
Previously, OJK's 2012-2017 Board of Commissioners was led by Chairman Muliaman D Hadad, and Rahmat Waluyanto, Nelson Tampubolon, Firdaus Djaelani, Nurhaida, Ilya Avianti and Kusumaningtuti S. Soetiono served as members of the Board.